[fw-wiz] Firewall policy generator, capture based - Any idea?

Ruggero D erone1 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 29 09:09:44 EST 2008

Dear Firewall Wizards,

I would like to find out if you know any tool that can help me with this:

I want to capture my Data Center traffic, with a NAM or Sniffer.
Taken the capture I would like to have a tool that can interpret the traffic flows and automatically generate firewall rules to allow those flows.
I really don't want to waste time inspecting each single PCAP packet!

For example if there are multiple flows from the same subnet, create a permit rule for that subnet matching the destination range.

Basically a packetflow capture based firewall rules generator.

Thanks

Best Regards

Ruggero Delcuratolo